Paxil (Paroxetine) Uses, Dosage, How to Take, Side Effects and Precautions
Paxil (Paroxetine) dosage. You’ll typically take Paxil once daily, in the morning or evening.
- For people with major depressive disorder (MDD), the recommended dose range is 20 mg to 50 mg a day.
- If you have obsessive-compulsive disorder, the recommended dose of paroxetine is 40 mg daily.
- People usually start by taking 20 mg a day. Your doctor may increase your dose by 10 mg each day but your dose shouldn’t exceed 60 mg a day.
- For people with panic disorder, the recommended daily dose of paroxetine is 40 mg.
- People usually start by taking 10 mg daily, increasing as needed by 10 mg per day, up to but not exceeding 60 mg daily.
- The recommended dose of paroxetine for social anxiety disorder is 20 mg to 60 mg daily.
- Those with generalized anxiety disorder usually take 20 mg to 50 mg daily, and those with post-traumatic stress disorder usually take 20 mg a day.