How to take Flonase. Before your first use, prime the nasal spray pump by shaking the medicine well and spraying 6 test sprays into the air (away from your face), until a fine mist appears. Prime the Flonase spray pump any time you have not used it for 7 days or longer. Using your Flonase Nasal Spray. Shake the inhaler device gently just before each use:
- Step 1. Blow your nose to clear your nostrils.
- Step 2. Close 1 nostril. Tilt your head forward slightly and, keeping the bottle upright, carefully insert the Flonase nasal applicator into the other nostril.
- Step 3. Start to breathe in through your nose, and while breathing in press firmly and quickly down 1 time on the applicator to release the spray. To get a full dose, use your forefinger and middle finger to spray while supporting the base of the bottle with your thumb. Avoid spraying in eyes. Breathe gently inwards through the nostril.
- Step 4. Breathe out through your mouth.
- Step 5. If a second spray of Flonase is required in that nostril, repeat steps 2 through 4.
- Step 6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 in the other nostril.
- Step 7. Wipe the nasal applicator with a clean tissue and replace the dust cover).